Are you a highly skilled professional with a passion for optimizing inventory management, adept at nurturing strong supplier relationships, and experienced in SAP?
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join a dynamic team as a Buyer, where you will play a pivotal role in enhancing the procurement and supply chain operations in an innovative life sciences business.
Role Overview: As a Buyer, you will take ownership of the inventory management processes, ensuring that stock levels are optimised to meet demand while minimising costs.
- Implement efficient inventory management strategies, including forecasting, replenishment, and stock rotation, to meet customer demand and minimize carrying costs.
- Collaborate with various departments to understand inventory requirements and ensure adequate stock levels at all times.
- Utilise SAP to process purchase orders, monitor inventory levels, and conduct data analysis to drive informed decision-making.
- Conduct supplier evaluations, negotiate contracts, and develop long-term relationships with key suppliers to ensure the best quality and pricing for the products.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement within the procurement and supply chain function, driving greater efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Stay informed about industry trends, market conditions, and new technologies to maintain a competitive edge.
This is offered on a permanent, full-time basis. We are looking for those who can come into the office near Edinburgh 5 days/week, so you must either live within a commutable distance or be willing to relocate and be happy with office-based work.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven experience in inventory management, supplier relations, and procurement roles.
- Strong proficiency in SAP.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly organized with a keen eye for detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities and a proactive approach to challenges.
- Team player with a collaborative attitude, capable of building strong cross-functional relationships.
Park Street People Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.